Cooking rice cakes will not take you long. Just use our tips.
Korean style rice flour pies are a very unusual and very original treat. Such products, perhaps, are not quite similar to the pies usual for us, but, despite this, they turn out to be no less tasty and nutritious.
Korean rice cakes can be cooked with different fillings, using both sweet ingredients and vegetables, cereals and meat.
Korean Rice Cakes with Sweet Bean Paste
Such products will certainly be appreciated by lovers of sweets. The pies are fragrant and very tasty. Bean paste can be used either purchased or cooked at home. If you want to please yourself and relatives with something unusual, be sure to try to cook such pies.
- Chapsari glutinous rice flour - 140 g
- Powdered Sugar - 75 g
- Water - 200 ml
- Corn Starch - 35 g
- Salt - a pinch
- Red Beans - 130 g
- Sugar - 150 g
- Water - 500 ml (maybe a little less or more)
- Initially, you need to do the cooking of pasta. It should be noted right away that the process of its preparation is quite laborious and takes a lot of time, but the result is worth it. So, wash the beans and soak in water for 5 hours. After this time, the beans along with the water in which it was soaked, pour into a pan and bring the contents to a boil, let it boil for a few minutes, and then drain the water from the pan.
- Now pour new water into the container and cook the beans after boiling the liquid for about 1.5-2.5 hours. During cooking, the water will boil away, so your task is to pour it into the pan.
- After the specified time, the beans will become completely soft. At this stage, add half the sugar to the container, stirring constantly, cook the beans for several minutes.
- After this time, add the remaining sugar to the pan and, continuing to stir the contents, cook it for a few more minutes.
- Next, remember the beans, turning them into a paste. In this case, pay attention to the consistency of bean paste, it must be such that balls can be formed from it.
- To get the dough, combine rice flour, salt, powdered sugar and water, mix the ingredients.
- Send the container with the dough into the microwave, and heat it there for several minutes.
- Then mix the dough again.
- Sprinkle a starch on the work surface so that the dough does not adhere strongly to it. Divide the dough into 6-8 identical parts, roll them into cakes.
- From bean paste, form 6-8 balls of suitable size.
- Put the balls of paste on a cake, form pies.
Korean Rice Cakes with Cabbage and Pork Meat
As mentioned earlier, such pies can be prepared not only with sweet filling. According to this recipe, you can cook delicious pies from rice flour with cabbage and meat. Pork, if desired, can be replaced with other meat, for example, beef.
- Rice flour - 550 g
- Pork pulp - 280 g
- Beijing cabbage - 270 g
- Sweet onion - 45 g
- Olive oil - 30 ml
- Dry yeast - 10 g
- Water - 350 ml
- Salt - 5 g
For the sauce:
- Soy Sauce - 50 ml
- Rice Vinegar - 10 ml
- Water - 30 ml
- Olive oil - 20 ml
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Parsley - 20 g
- Korean carrot - 220 g
- Ground red pepper
- Rice flour dough is made very simple and easy enough. Pour the sifted flour into a deep container, add boiled water and yeast there, mix the ingredients - the dough is ready, now it needs to be approached. It is important to know that the dough according to the recipe is quite soft, it can stick a little to your hands, you do not need to add flour. Cover the container with the dough with cling film and place in a warm place for half an hour. After this time, you need to knead the dough and leave for another half an hour to come.
- Wash the pulp, cut into small pieces.
- Wash Beijing cabbage, dry and chop finely.
- Peel the onion and cut into cubes.
- In a saucepan in oil, fry the onions until transparent, add meat to it, cook another 10-15 minutes.
- Next, send cabbage, salt and spices to the container, simmer for 5 minutes under a closed lid.
- Divide the finished dough into identical pieces, roll them into cakes.
- For cakes, send some toppings, pinch the dough, forming pies.
- Such pies are preferably steamed using a slow cooker or a double boiler.
- We suggest using a multicooker for these purposes. Pour 1 liter of water into the bowl of the device, place it in a slow cooker. Lubricate the steam cooking container with vegetable oil, put the products on it.
- Place the container in the multicooker, close the lid.
- Turn on the slow cooker in the "cook / steam" mode and cook the pies for 20-30 minutes. after boiling water.
- Cooking time directly depends on the size of the pasties you have stuck.
- While the pies are cooking, make the sauce. Rub the garlic on a grater, wash the parsley and chop finely. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- Each pie is slightly cut along and inside, pour a little sauce.
Korean style rice cakes with fish
Pies with fish - an unusual dish for us. And although at first glance such a delicacy may not seem very tasty, it is definitely worth a try. The pies are very aromatic and delicious.
- Rice flour - 550 g
- Milk - 180 ml
- Margarine - 70 g
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 50 g
- Salt - 10 g
- Dry yeast - 12 g
- Canned fish - 200 g
- Onion - 50 g
- Rice - 50 g
- Sunflower oil
- Beat eggs with salt and sugar, add milk to the egg mixture. It is advisable to use homemade products, so the products will be tastier.
- Add yeast to the resulting mixture and rub the margarine here. Try to buy quality margarine.
- Sift the flour and add it portionwise to the container with the ingredients.
- Knead the dough. It should turn out soft and elastic.
- The dough according to this recipe is not prepared in the usual way, because it will not “approach” in a warm place, but in cold water.
- So, pour cold water into the container and put the formed piece of dough into it.
- Initially, the dough will sink in water, but after some time it will rise. This will be a signal that it is time to get it out of the water. Dry the popped dough with a dry cloth, divide into identical pieces, roll them out.
- Rinse, boil until cooked.
- Peel, chop, fry the onion until transparent.
- Combine canned fish, rice and onions, add salt and spices as needed, mix the filling. Canned fish can be replaced with any boneless fish. It will need to be fried with onions.
- Place a little filling on each cake, form pies.
- Fry the formed pies in a pan, excess oil can be removed with a paper napkin.
Korean style rice cakes are a great dish option with which you can diversify your diet.