Description of the properties of viburnum and recipes with berries.
From this article you will learn about the beneficial properties and methods of using viburnum berries. And you can also use the plant for various diseases.
Red viburnum berry: useful and medicinal properties and contraindications
Red viburnum is a well-known plant for all of us, a frequent inhabitant of gardens and front gardens. This is not only a beautiful tree that delights us with spring flowering or autumn berries, but also a real treasure of the most valuable components for humans:
- vitamins A, P, C
- organic acids
Thanks to this, the plant has a number of healing properties:
- astringent and antiseptic - promotes wound healing.
- diuretic - relieves swelling.
- immuno-strengthening - restores body strength after illness.
- tonic and cleansing - used for cosmetic purposes.
- anti-inflammatory - relieves the condition during a cold.
- expectorant - treats diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- sweatshops - lowers temperature.
- soothing - Helps to get rid of stress and depression.
- cleansing - renews blood and normalizes the work of the heart.
- antispasmodic - relieves headaches, stomach pains.
For medicinal purposes, various potions are prepared from common viburnum:
- alcohol tinctures
Like any medicinal product, viburnum has contraindications. So, do not use it under the following conditions:
- low blood pressure (hypotension) - as this plant greatly reduces the level of pressure
- thrombosis risk
- blood diseases
- increased acidity of the stomach
- severe kidney disease
Besides, do not abuse viburnum during pregnancy due to the presence of substances that can provoke:
- uterine contraction
- development of pathologies in the fetus
- the appearance of allergic reactions
Flowers, leaves, bark, viburnum - useful and medicinal properties and contraindications
Viburnum is a unique plant. Indeed, for the purpose of healing, almost all of its components are used, and not just the fruits.Flowers - decoctions based on them have many healing properties:
- relieve inflammatory processes
- increase appetite
- increase perspiration
- heal wounds and postoperative sutures
- improve gastritis
- relieve painful periods
- restore hoarseness
Leaves - contain vitamins K, C, A. They have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities. Shown with:
- sore throat (as a decoction for gargling)
- rashes on the skin, lichen, boils (juice lubricate the affected areas)
- weakening of the body after diseases (decoction is taken orally)
Bark viburnum is valued no less than berries, since its composition includes many valuable components:
- volatile - have a disinfecting effect.
- tannins - inhibit bacteria and promote wound healing.
- acids (palmitic, formic, acetic, linoleic) - enhance protective functions, are involved in improving metabolic processes.
- pectins - purify the blood, remove toxins from the body, establish metabolism.
- Viburnin glycoside - has a hemostatic effect.
This tool is used internally and externally for many ailments:
- gastrointestinal tract
- kidney or liver disease
- bleeding (including internal)
- respiratory system
- voice loss and wheezing
- inflammation of the oral cavity
- skin diseases
- bleeding gums
Many healers believe that decoctions and infusions from leaves, bark and young shoots of viburnum are capable of reduce cancer and prevent the development of cancer.
Decoctions of these funds have practically no contraindications. You need to listen to your feelings and not use the funds when:
- of pregnancy
- severe kidney disease
- juice of viburnum useful properties and contraindications
Medical studies confirm the positive effect of consuming viburnum juice in many diseases:
- hypertension, neurosis, whooping cough, liver and cardiovascular diseases - drink 1/3 cup juice before meals.
- headache, asthma - take juice of 1 tablespoon 5-8 times a day.
- gastritis with low acidity - 1 tbsp. before meals 2-3 times a day.
- stomatitis and thrush of the oral cavity - lubricate the mucous membrane and gums with the juice cooked together with honey.
- acne and eczema - mix honey and juice in equal parts and wipe the affected areas.
- breast tumors - 3 tsp of honey, stir in a glass of juice and take twice a day after 1.5 - 2 hours after eating 100 ml
- sore throat - gargle with fresh juice twice a day
In addition, daily use of fresh viburnum juice helps:
- calm the nervous system
- prevent the development of oncology
- strengthen the immune system
- fight infections
- improve skin condition
It’s easy to make juice:
- rinse the berries with cold water.
- squeeze the juice by hand or using a juicer. Remember that the skin of berries gives bitterness to juice, so try not to damage it much
- pour into a glass dish.
- in case of storage mix raw materials with sugar in equal parts.
When using juice of viburnum, remember about general contraindications:
- high acidity
- of pregnancy
Video: Viburnum - useful properties
When the viburnum is ripe, when is the viburnum harvested, in which month, what helps?
The period of collection of red viburnum depends on what kind of raw materials you procure:
- bark going over may, remove it from the side shoots. Dry in a place that is well ventilated. Keep in containers with a lid to prevent moisture from entering.
- the flowers harvested during the time the plant blooms, i.e. in May-June. Tear off with brushes whole and dry in the shade.
- berries begin to vomit during their full maturation in Octoberwhen the first frosts passed. They do this because frost partially removes bitterness from berries. Tear the berries with the stalk (or the whole brush) so as not to damage the delicate pulp. Then dry by sprinkling in one layer. For long-term storage, you can freeze or dry in the oven at 50 ° C.
Decoctions and infusions from harvested red viburnum will help in the treatment and prevention of diseases of almost all your organs:
- relieve vascular spasms.
- will lower the level cholesterol.
- will have an antispasmodic, choleretic and diuretic effect.
- normalizes work hearts.
- reduce blood pressure.
- will have a cold action.
- viburnum raises or lowers pressure.
According to medical studies, the presence of active biological components in viburnum helps lower blood pressure. This is due to the diuretic effect, which is on the body, since with this process:
- excess fluid is excreted.
- decreased vascular fullness and swelling.
- there is a decrease in pressure.
Besides, vessels become more elastic, which positively affects the cardiovascular system as a whole.
Berries of viburnum: medicinal properties and application in traditional medicine
The bright fruits of viburnum red are not only beautiful, but also have tremendous value as a remedy due to the high content in the pulp:
- vitamins (K, C, P, A)
- organic acids
From time immemorial, this wonderful berry has been used in the preparation of many healing potions from various ailments:
- as laxative - fresh fruits are used or at the base of decoctions and infusions.
- tonic - brew a handful of fruits with boiling water and drink like tea.
- in treatment tumors and oncological lesions - apply poultices from crushed berries to sore spots.
- from skin diseases - lubricate the affected areas with berry infusion or broth.
- as antipyretic and anti-inflammatory medicine - drink half a cup of warm broth (3 tbsp. l. berries, insist in 400 ml of boiling water).
- expectorant antitussive remedy - boil a large handful of fruits in a water bath in 700 ml of water. After infusion, add honey and drink throughout the day.
- against gastritis and polyposis - fruits (2 tbsp.) brew in a glass of boiling water, keep for 3 minutes. let it brew on fire. Drink 1/3 cup three times a day before meals.
Video: The use of viburnum in traditional medicine
Red viburnum from high blood pressure: a recipe and how to take
In order to lower high blood pressure in folk medicine, bark and berries of viburnum are used. We offer you several proven recipes:
- fall asleep berries directly with pitted sugar in equal proportions, leave overnight. Drink the resulting juice in a spoon three times a day.
- brew flowers, leaves or bark boiling water. Use this tea 3-4 times a day.
- 1 tbsp berries pour a glass of boiling water and leave for about 15 minutes. Drink this infusion before meals in 100 ml.
- 2 tsp bark viburnum pour 250 ml of hot water and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes. Take a tablespoon 3-4 times daily before meals.
- boil jelly from 1 cup berries, 0.5 liters of boiling water and 2 tsp. starch diluted in water. Use 2-4 times a day.
To obtain a stable effect, use these recipes on an ongoing basis and after stabilizing the pressure level.
Viburnum with honey: a prescription for pressure
Especially popular among folk recipes for reducing pressure are options for infusions and decoctions of viburnum with the addition of bee natural honey, which due to its rich composition enhances the beneficial properties of the berry:
- mix freshly squeezed juice to taste with honey and drink throughout the day.
- fruit drink - Dissolve one tablespoon of honey in a glass of water (boiled) at room temperature and pour in 130 ml of viburnum juice. In 15-20 minutes. before eating, take 1 tbsp.
- healing mixture - mix in equal proportions honey and berries, knead well. Leave to extract juice for 5 days. Use three times a day for 1-2 tbsp. Store the mixture in the refrigerator.
- with addition lemons - in the mixture prepared according to the previously described recipe, add lemon, crushed with zest. Eat it 3-5 times a day.
- tincture with cognac - mix the berries of viburnum (200 ml), floral or linden honey (200 ml) and cognac (60 ml). Eat 1 tsp.
- cool drink - 250 ml of viburnum juice, 60 ml of honey and 250 ml of carbonated water, mix well. You can add mint and ice cubes.
Viburnum for cough: prescription and how to take
The strengthening and expectorant properties of viburnum have long been known. This plant has always been used in the treatment of cough of varying degrees. Moreover, berries, and inflorescences, and bark help for these purposes:
- 1 tbsp with slide bark pour chopped boiling water and keep in a water bath for 7-15 minutes. Leave to insist, then eat before meals. The addition of sea buckthorn oil and honey will enhance the healing effect of the infusion.
- the flowers (2 tbsp) brew with boiling water (500 ml) and insist half an hour or an hour. Strain through a sieve and drink three times a day.
- fill in berries boiling water and leave over low heat for 5-7 minutes. You can add honey. Use this decoction both as tea and as a rinse.
- take 150 ml juice viburnum, cahors and honey. Add a pod of red pepper and simmer everything in the oven in a bowl (not metal) under a lid for about 3 hours. Use this tincture of 1.5 tbsp. before meals no more than 5 times a day.
- mix mashed berries, honey, vodka and butter in the same amount. Drink 1 tsp. With warm milk.
Video: Recipes with viburnum for cough
Viburnum bark in gynecology: a recipe
Due to the presence of tannins, organic acids, viburnin in viburnum, viburnum is traditionally used for gynecological ailments. In addition, a decoction of viburnum bark has long been used as a contraceptive. The following remedies will ease the condition with painful and heavy menstruation:
- Infusion - ¼ cup crushed bark pour 250 ml of boiling water.
- Cook for 20 minutes, strain.
- Add boiled water to the previous volume. Drink 3 times a day for 2 tsp.
- Alcohol tincture - pour 100 g of bark with medical alcohol (1 glass).
- Insist in a dark place for 7 to 10 days.
Normalize the irregular cycle such fees:
- Flowers viburnum, plantain, St. John's wort, bird highlander, yarrow (each 1 tablespoon each) pour warm water (1 liter).
- Boil for 2 minutes, pour into a thermos and insist for about 6 hours (you can leave it overnight).
- Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
- Stop taking it 4 days before your period. Continue treatment until the cycle is restored.
- Berries viburnum, juniper, rue leaves, cinquefoil, wormwood (30 g each) pour 1.5 liters of water.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then insist until cool.
- Strain and drink warm half a cup at night. This tool causes stimulation of menstruation.
With uterine bleeding:
- Tincture - pour crushed bark with alcohol (in equal parts) and insist in a dark place for 10 days.
- Take 30 drops of tincture diluted in warm water before meals.
- Tea from berries - brew a handful of fruits with boiling water. Drink a cup 2-3 times a day.
Viburnum from allergies: recipes
Not everyone knows that viburnum relieves a person’s condition with allergic reactions:
- helps to reduce skin rashes.
- calms the nervous system.
- cleanses the blood.
- increases the body's immune defense.
If you suffer from this disease, try these methods of treatment:
- drink infusions from young shoots, flowers, berries or bark of viburnum (2 tablespoons of raw materials, pour 1.5 cups of boiling water and leave to cool).
- lubricate the affected skin with fresh viburnum juice half an hour before bathing.
- apply bathtubs with the addition of twigs or inflorescences of the plant (250 g of raw materials are boiled in 6 liters of water and poured into the bath).
- at sore throat rinse it with infusion of viburnum flowers.
- consume several berries a day in order to cleanse the blood.
Viburnum for psoriasis: a recipe
Psoriasis - This is a disease in which the skin is affected by red flaky rashes.
Lotions and compresses prepared from:
- decoction bark viburnum - 2 tbsp. boil the prepared raw materials over low heat in 0.5 l of water. Insist for at least an hour, strain.
- mixes of juices - in equal parts, mix the juice of viburnum and strawberries.
These medicinal drugs can (and should) be used not only externally, but also ingested. The components contained in them contribute to the normalization of metabolic processes and will have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole.
Viburnum for colds and flu: recipes
Kalina is one of the best folk remedies for the treatment and prevention of influenza and colds due to its content:
- acids and vitamin C
Phytotherapy offers many great ways to get rid of a cold using this amazing plant:
- pour viburnum fruits slightly warmed honey and insist about 5 hours. Eat this mixture several times a day.
- pour berries with boiling water, add lemon and honey. Drink this tea 4 times a day in the form of heat.
- brew viburnum flowers and drink half a cup. This is an excellent diaphoretic and antipyretic.
- Boil 2 handfuls of fruit in 300 ml of water in a water bath. Insist 30 minutes, dilute with boiled water and drink as a tonic.
- mash viburnum, cranberries and cranberries, pour boiling water, wrap and stand for 1-2 hours. Drink with honey.
- of leaves of viburnum and mountain ash tie a bath broom and steam it in the bath. When paired, they will have anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effects. And the essential oils that will secrete the leaves will help ease breathing.
Video: Kalina with a cold
Kalina with menopause: use, prescription
Every woman at a certain age is faced with a phenomenon such as menopause. The body undergoes hormonal changes, which are associated with the extinction of the functions of the reproductive system.
The main symptoms in this condition are:
- sudden flashes of heat (the so-called "tides")
- increased sweating
- cycle disruption
- uterine bleeding
- pressure surges
Viburnum will help to alleviate these conditions, since this plant contains components:
- viburnin, which increases the tone of the uterus and has an analgesic effect.
- vitamins that help strengthen the body.
- valerianic acid, which has a sedative effect.
- minerals and essential oils that lower blood pressure.
During menopause, to eliminate the ailments, try the following methods of herbal medicine:
- to normalize the pressure, eat a handful of berries daily.
- eliminate sweating help a decoction of viburnum bark, which is used 3-4 times a day for half a glass.
- so that reduce bleeding and reduce pain, take a tincture of viburnum bark before meals (in equal parts, mix alcohol and bark, insist in a dark place).
- to alleviate the condition with the "flushing", as well as sleeping pills, drink warm tea from viburnum berries with the addition of honey.
- in order to prolong the tone and youth of the skin longer, wipe face with viburnum juice morning and evening.
Viburnum in type 2 diabetes: recipes
Viburnum berries are rich in the content of a large amount of invert sugar, which is absorbed without insulin. In addition, the unique composition of viburnum contributes to:
- lower blood sugar
- insulin production
- normalization of fat metabolism
- lowering cholesterol
- general condition improvement
- preventing side diseases that
- often occur with elevated sugar levels
These properties make this plant useful for people with diabetes. For treatment, decoctions and tinctures using bark and fruits of viburnum are used. The following recipes have proven themselves well.
Based on bark:
- grind viburnum bark (50 g)
- add it to boiling water (1 l)
- cook for about 15 minutes
- insist at least 3 hours
- drink 25 ml three times a day
Based on berries:
- mix the fruits of viburnum (2 tablespoons) and juniper (4 tablespoons).
- add blueberry leaves (4 tablespoons) and flax seeds (2 tablespoons).
- fill with water (1 l).
- cook in a water bath for about 20-30 minutes.
- drink 200 ml three times a day.
On herb based:
- mix in the same amount viburnum bark, mint, walnut leaves, medicinal galega and bird highlander
2 tbsp boil in 3 cups of water for no more than 5 minutes.
- insist 30 minutes
- take 2 tbsp. before meals.
Can viburnum be pregnant and breastfeeding?
Despite the fact that viburnum has a whole range of unique beneficial substances, pregnancy is not recommended. Studies have confirmed that this plant increases the tone of the uterus, which can lead to miscarriages or premature births.
At the same time, doctors advise drinking tea with viburnum in order to increase the activity of uterine muscle contractions during labor, and thereby facilitate contractions. Therefore, even if you have indications for treatment with viburnum, refrain from taking it while you wait for the baby to appear. Contact your doctor to prescribe an alternative treatment that will not harm the fetus.During pregnancy, you should refrain from consuming viburnum
Nursing mothers should remember that in the first three months of a child’s life it is forbidden to eat foods - allergens, which include viburnum. However, in cases of colds or high blood pressure, the mother can apply funds with this plant, observing the following rules:
- inject viburnum into your diet gradually by adding several berries to tea or compote.
- drink a drink with viburnum in the morning to be able to monitor the condition of the child.
- carefully monitor the well-being of the baby: whether the rash appeared, whether it became anxious, or if sweating intensified.
- if you suspect an allergy, stop taking viburnum and consult a doctor if necessary.
- for the first time, refrain from taking fresh berries, it is better to use them in the form of fruit drink, jam or broth.