This article discusses the benefits of eucalyptus oil, as well as its use in the fight against various ailments.
As soon as we are overcome by a cold, cough, runny nose, we immediately strive to the pharmacy for a huge amount of medicines. However, in nature there is a miracle cure that will help to cope with these ailments - eucalyptus oil.Eucalyptus leaves
How does eucalyptus oil work? Benefits of Natural Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil, which has a strong, persistent, fresh, cool and tart odor, is famous for its miraculous properties for combating various diseases.
Eucalyptus essential oil is obtained from:
- Leaf of the tree of the same name
- Young shoots of eucalyptus
This oil has the following properties:
Eucalyptus oil is capable of:
- Accelerate skin regeneration after being damaged by frost, burns
- Improve brain activity
- Cheer up
- Eliminate fatigue
- Overcome drowsiness
- Cope with depression
- Whiten skin
- Fight acne
- Eliminate Dandruff
- Boost sexual energy
Eucalyptus oil, when used correctly, will help to cope with the following diseases:
- Acute toothache
- Back pain
- Common cold
- Sore throat
- The flu
- Skin problems
- Mucosal damage by erosion and ulcers
Studies show that eucalyptus tree oil can lower blood sugar in diabetes.
Having the ability to disinfect, when used for aromatherapy, essential eucalyptus oil plays an important role in the prevention of infection by infectious diseases transmitted by airborne droplets.Aromatherapy
How to use eucalyptus oil for medicinal purposes?
With a huge list of positive properties, oil can be an assistant in the fight against various ailments.
In the treatment, depending on the disease, the essential oil can be used both in pure or diluted form. For treatment, it is possible to use this oil in a mixture with other essential oils.
Eucalyptus oil can be used for:
- Rubbing / rubbing
- Inward applications
- Atomizing spraying
The benefits of cough eucalyptus oil
Eucalyptus tree essential oil can fight viruses and bacteria. It has expectorant properties. Oil can eliminate the inflammatory process, reduce pain, reduce spasm in the bronchi. In this regard, eucalyptus oil will help to easily cope with cough in both an adult and a child.
When coughing, it will be effective to use eucalyptus tree oil for:
For inhalation in the fight against cough it is necessary:
- Three to five drops of essential oil
- One liter of hot water. Do not use too hot water - you can get a thermal burn
- Mix well
- Pour into an inhaler
- In the absence of an inhaler, it is permissible to use a conventional pan and bath towel. Lean over a container with a solution for breathing vapor, while covering your head with a towel
The duration of steam inhalation should be from five to twenty minutes.
For grinding it is necessary:
- Take a base oil, for example, vegetable or melted petroleum jelly
- Add three drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Mix thoroughly
- Rub the resulting mixture into the chest area
To combat cough, you can use a mixture of oils, in addition to eucalyptus, add, for example, chamomile, lavender, fir, tea tree oil, etc.
The same manipulations must be used to combat the cough in a child. However, it is necessary to reduce the dose of oil to one or two drops.Steam inhalation
Eucalyptus oil for colds
In the fight against colds, eucalyptus oil is one of the best natural remedies for treatment.
To combat the common cold are recommended:
- Eucalyptus inhalation
- Baths with essential oil
- Rubbing / rubbing and massage with eucalyptus oil
How to carry out steam inhalation, we discussed in the previous section.Eucalyptus bath
For eucalyptus baths:
- Fill the bathtub with water. The temperature of the water should be around 37 ° C
- Combine five to fifteen drops of eucalyptus oil with an emulsifier. For example, with sea salt, milk.
- Add the resulting mass to the prepared bath
- Take a bath for about 15 minutes
- After the aromatic bath, it is worthwhile to pat the water with a towel, put on woolen socks, and wrap yourself in a blanket. It will be nice to sweat
With colds, aromatherapy has proven itself well. For aromatherapy with eucalyptus oil, you can do this:
- We collect in the lamp for aromatherapy the required amount of water
- Add ten drops of essential oil.
- Light a candle
- Leave for thirty minutes
If there is no aroma lamp in the heating season, you can do this:
- Put up to ten drops of eucalyptus oil on a cotton pad, put the disc on a heating device, for example, a battery
- Put up to ten drops of oil in a glass of water, put a container of water on a heating device, for example, a heater
For rubbing, aromatic massage should:
- Take ten milliliters of baby cream, or base oil
- Add three to five drops of eucalyptus oil
- Rub the resulting mixture in massage movements into the sternum and back. It is imperative to rub the feet and immediately use the woolen socks for the intended purpose and go to bed under a warm blanket
Eucalyptus oil with a runny nose
Few remedies acquired in a pharmacy can cope with a runny nose better than natural essential oils.
Essential oil for a cold should be used:
- In the preparation of solutions for washing the nose
- In steam inhalation
- In aromatic baths
- For grinding
The solution for washing the nose should be prepared as follows:
- Take warm water, about a glass
- Two drops of essential oil drip into a teaspoon of sea salt
- Dissolve salt and oil in prepared water
- We wash the sinuses at least three times a day
About the application of eucalyptus oil for baths and inhalations, we considered in the sections above. We will consider in detail how to carry out rubbing to combat a runny nose.
Rubbing with a cold should be carried out as follows:
- Put a couple of drops of oil on the tips of your finger
- Massage the oil around the nasal openings, the area of the wings of the nose
Use of pure essential oil
IMPORTANT: When rubbing / rubbing, essential oils in pure form should be used only on intact skin areas.
Eucalyptus oil for sinusitis
Eucalyptus oil has established a good reputation in the treatment of sinusitis.
To combat this ailment, eucalyptus oil is widely used in the form of:
- An oily composition for washing the nose, as with an ordinary cold. How this is done, we described above
- Fluids for steam inhalation, as with cough, runny nose, colds
- Drops of milking nose
A solution for nasal instillation based on oil is prepared as follows:
- Take one teaspoon of strong black tea
- Put a teaspoon of natural honey
- Drip ten drops of eucalyptus oil
- Mix everything thoroughly
- Instill three to four times a day in each nostril three drops
Inhalations with eucalyptus oil, benefit
Steam inhalations with eucalyptus oil are useful precisely because thanks to this procedure it is much easier to naturally get rid of inflammation, viruses and infections in the nasopharynx.
Without making much effort, the patient, only breathing in nice couples, can speed up his recovery.
In addition to hot inhalations, which were discussed in the sections above, cold inhalations are also possible. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Take a handkerchief, cotton pad or napkin
- Drip three drops of essential oil
- Bring to face
- Inhale the vapors of essential oil for three to five minutes
For cold inhalation, you can prepare a medallion.Cold inhalation
Eucalyptus Oil During Pregnancy
Essential oils act on the body more carefully than any medicines. The use of eucalyptus oil by pregnant women is possible, but you should be extremely careful when using it.
It is advisable to exclude the use of miraculous oil in the first four months of pregnancy. In the remaining months of pregnancy, it is permissible to use this oil in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases, but only after consultation with the doctor.
IMPORTANT: Pregnant women should not use eucalyptus oil inside. It can have a fatal effect on the fetus.
Pregnant women use eucalyptus inhalations, both hot and cold. Rubbing, massage, rinsing of the sinuses, nasal instillation, spraying the solution using oil in the room for disinfection, as well as aromatherapy are used.
I would like to separately note the benefits of aromatherapy for pregnant women. Inhaling the vapors of this oil, a woman in position is able to avoid colds.
Using eucalyptus oil for aroma lamps, a pregnant woman will significantly improve her emotional background and calm down. Inhaling pleasant vapors will have a beneficial effect on the expectant mother’s sleep at night, and during the day without fail will lift the mood.Pregnant healthy sleep
Contraindications to the use of eucalyptus oil
No matter how wide the properties of eucalyptus tree oil are, there are still contraindications for its use. Do not neglect this information.
Contraindications for the use of miracle oil are as follows:
- With individual intolerance to essential oil
- Childhood. You should not use this oil to treat diseases in children under two years of age to avoid bronchial spasm
- People with asthma
- Love with whooping cough
- Pregnant for up to four months
- People with atrophy of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and nasal cavity
- If you are allergic to plants of the eucalyptus family
Eucalyptus oil treatment: tips and reviews
The use of eucalyptus oil for the most part is famous for its positive reviews. However, you can come across the following tips:
- Pregnant women need to be especially vigilant to listen to the advice of others and it is better to consult an aromatherapist and gynecologist before using eucalyptus oil
- In large quantities, eucalyptus is very toxic. Avoid ingestion of such amounts in such quantities.
- Eucalyptus baths have proven themselves very well at the first sign of a cold.
- An allergy to this oil can manifest itself as an increase in the symptoms of the disease for which this oil was used. For example, cough may intensify, nasal congestion will appear.
- If in childhood there was an allergy to eucalyptus, then in adulthood it should be used with its oils with extreme caution.
- Eucalyptus oil should be used with extreme caution in people with high blood pressure and epilepsy.
- Eucalyptus is able to neutralize the effects of certain homeopathic preparations. Before using it, it is imperative to consult with your doctor
Take special care of your health, love yourself. Let the essential little eucalyptus become your protector from health troubles. Let eucalyptus oil become a true friend for your family.