Want to lose weight? In this article you will learn how.
Vacation time is in full swing, and you did not have time to lose those extra pounds before a beach vacation? Or maybe you have an important event to look at "one hundred percent"? Well, we propose to use a fashionable diet, which is called "interval", or "cyclic".
Interval diet: principle, stages
Recently, it has been gaining more and more supporters, as it provides:
- Body cleansing.
- Weight loss.
- Decrease in body volumes.
- Preservation of skin elasticity and firmness.
This food system is an alternation of mono-diets (rice, protein and vegetable), each of which is aimed at performing a specific task in the process of weight loss:
- Rice (stage 1) - helps to cleanse the body.
- Protein (stage 2) - saturates the body with calories, while not allowing their transformation into fatty deposits.
- Vegetable (stage 3) - allows you to establish the work of the gastrointestinal tract after the previous stages.
The principle of nutrition with a cyclic diet is as follows:
- During each diet cycle, only a certain type of food is allowed.
- Be sure to follow a strict sequence of stages of this diet.
- You determine the duration of each cycle yourself, listening to the requirements of your body. The main requirement is that each stage should not exceed more than 3 days.
- The diet can last 3 or 9 days. Not everyone can stick to very strict dietary restrictions. Such people are advised to comply with the food restriction for three days.
- Based on the selected diet duration, the interval from one type of food to another should be 24 hours (3 days) or 72 hours (9 days).
Features of this system:
- Exclude alcohol and sugar from your diet.
- Avoid salt, as it helps retain moisture in the body. Replace it with spicy herbs to give a taste to fresh foods. If you still cannot eat unsalted foods, use a small amount of dried seaweed or a drop of soy sauce.
- Be sure to follow the drinking regimen (1.5-2 liters of fluid daily). In addition to still water, the use of green or black tea, fruit juices without pulp, and herbal infusions is allowed.
- Eat the daily allowable foods divided into 5-6 servings. The desired interval between meals is 2.5-3 hours.
- Eat in small portions, avoiding heaviness in the stomach. Eat the largest amount of food for breakfast.
- The last meal should be no later than 20.00.
- Do not drink with food. You can do this either half an hour before a meal, or an hour after.
- During the diet, the use of mineral complexes and multivitamins is recommended.
You need to exit any diet correctly. In the first couple of days, gradually and in small quantities, include the usual foods in your diet. At this stage, it is better to abstain from alcohol, flour and sweet.
Like any "express diet", the interval principle of nutrition has a number of contraindications:
- Lactation period.
- Diseases of the liver, kidneys and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Children's and adolescence.
- Cardiovascular problems.
- Elderly age.
But even in those cases when you are an absolutely healthy person, it is advisable to consult a doctor before starting any strict diet.
Stage 1 "Rice"
During rice cycle you should only eat rice porridge. The absorbent characteristics of rice have long been known. It successfully removes salts from joints, toxins, toxins and other harmful components. Due to this, there is a process of purification in our body. Thus, he prepares for the next stages of the diet.
Before cooking rice groats, it is important to properly prepare:
- Rinse it very thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour cold water (1 part cereal 3 parts water).
- So leave at least a couple of hours.
- Repeat the soaking procedure three times while changing the water. If this is not possible, you can soak the rice at night.
- Boil to an aldente state in unsalted water.
- It is more convenient to prepare the daily norm of rice in the morning and divide it into 4-5 servings, which you will eat during the day.
Rice nutrition rules:
- The daily norm of rice cereal is 1 cup (200 g) in dry form.
- Rice can be unpolished white, brown, black. Different varieties of cereals will add variety to the meager diet of the first stage.
- It is not allowed to use vegetable or animal fats.
This cycle of the interval diet seems to be the most difficult, since it requires a person to abandon the usual foods and sharply limits the daily diet. Eating rice alone often leads to feelings of hunger and weakness. Therefore, in the days of "rice" is additionally allowed to consume such products:
- Cucumbers, leafy greens (spinach, salad) - up to 300g.
- Up to 2 teaspoons of honey (preferably before lunch).
- Low-fat kefir or other sour-milk drink (200 ml).
- Soy sauce (to give rice flavor).
It must be remembered that you can’t sit on a rice diet for a long time, since this cereal helps to wash out calcium salts and other useful substances from the body. In addition, this cereal is known for its fastening effect, causing constipation. For more than three days, cleaning with rice is not recommended.
Stage 2 "Protein" (meat)
The basis of the diet on such days are proteins of animal origin, which contribute to the saturation of the body, the formation of muscle mass, and cell renewal. Essence meat mono-diets is to create a "carbohydrate starvation." Our body needs energy to digest animal protein. And in the absence of carbohydrates, he will scoop it due to body fat. Such a diet seems to reprogram the metabolism to burn fat, not muscle mass.
What animal proteins, and in what quantity are allowed:
- Skinless chicken meat (preferably breast). This product is low in calories and rich in B and PP vitamins. However, if you do not like chicken, it is allowed to replace it with rabbit, veal, low-fat varieties of fish. The daily rate is up to 900 g of the prepared product.
- Fat-free cottage cheese - 200 g.
- Egg whites - up to 4 pcs.
The digestion of animal protein takes a certain time, which provides a feeling of satiety. During the "meat" phase of the diet, we, as a rule, do not feel hunger and feel energetic and cheerful. In addition, the wide range of permitted foods makes our diet more diverse.
How to eat protein food in the second stage of the diet:
- Bake or boil the meat. Fried foods are not allowed.
- Do not use butter, breading, and marinades for cooking.
- Avoid eating meat and fish in one day.
- Include fiber or bran in your diet to avoid digestive problems.
- With a large amount of protein consumed, the load on the kidneys increases, as a result of which the body loses fluid. Therefore, do not forget to drink plenty of mineral water.
- At this stage, the body spends a lot of calcium. Therefore, it is recommended to take it additionally.
On meat days, the following foods are allowed to supplement the diet:
- Spices (without salt)
- Lemon juice
- Leafy greens (200-300 g)
- Kefir (up to 2 glasses)
Stage 3 "Vegetable"
After eating only protein foods, it is necessary to establish a digestive process. This contributes to the use of vegetables in the final stage of the interval diet. They will saturate the body with vitamins, strengthen immunity, improve metabolism. In addition, a vegetable diet will help lower blood pressure and increase the amount of natural antioxidants.
We list which vegetables are allowed to be consumed at this stage:
- Green pea
- Sweet pepper
- Green beans
- All kinds of cabbage
- Celery (root and stems)
It is forbidden to use:
- Sweet pumpkin
Features of this diet cycle:
- It is preferable to eat vegetables raw.
- The daily norm is 1.5 kg of plant products.
- Do not eat pickled, spicy or salted vegetables.
- It is allowed to boil products, steam or bake.
- Add a little vegetable oil to the dishes, as it helps the body absorb fat-soluble vitamins (daily intake is not more than 2 tbsp).
- Give preference not to greenhouse, but seasonal vegetables (they contain more micronutrients). The use of exotic plant foods is not recommended.
- Keep in mind that high fiber can cause bowel problems these days.
Additionally, in the diet of "vegetable" days you can include:
- Fat-free kefir - no more than 2 glasses
- Apple or grape vinegar
- Honey - 1 tbsp. l
Pros and Cons of Interval Diet
Like any express diet, interval diet has several advantages and disadvantages.
The undoubted advantages of the interval diet include:
- Quick result. Within a week, weight loss can reach up to 6 kg.
- Frequent meals prevent hunger.
- No need to count calories in food consumed.
- Such a diet is quite economical. After all, the products that make up her diet are affordable and cheap.
However, you need to list the significant disadvantages of the interval diet:
- This food system is quite stressful for the body. Therefore, nutritionists recommend sitting on such a diet no more than three times a year.
- The diet is rather meager and monotonous.
- At all stages, nutrition is not balanced.
- Weakness, dizziness, and fatigue may appear.
- During a diet, and especially “rice” days, it is better to refrain from active physical activity.
Kefir diet as a type of interval diet
One option for an interval diet is the so-called kefir diet. It also consists of three stages. The bottom line is the following: every day you eat fat-free kefir in any quantity you need, and eat the foods allowed for each cycle:
- In the first cycle - boiled rice (not more than 100 g of dry product).
- In the second cycle - white chicken meat (not more than 500 g).
- In the third cycle - green apples (up to 700 g).
Interval fasting: what is it?
Sometimes the term "interval diet" is erroneously called the type of food in which a long period of time between meals is maintained. We are talking about interval fasting. His concept was developed by a fitness trainer from Canada, Brad Pylon. This power system is called "eat-stop-eat".Interval fasting
The principles of the eat-stop-eat system:
- It is allowed to eat foods familiar to you.
- Be sure to arrange 1-2 times a week for a long break (about 16 hours) between evening and afternoon meals. That is, you need to have dinner, go to bed, and do not have breakfast in the morning.
- If well-being (and willpower) allows, refrain from lunch. Thus, the fasting interval will be a whole day.
- After the break, vegetables and meat should be the basis of the first meal.
- During days of increased physical activity, eating after exercise should be the most plentiful, and on calm days - eat more food in the first meal.